Powered by Blogger.
I don't know if I'm the only one like this, but when I assume someone is upset or annoyed at me, I get defensive. I do a lot of things that my husband should be annoyed or upset about, so there are many moments when I react to him in a negative way. He'll ask me why I'm upset and my response will be, "because you're upset with me," even though it might not be true, it just feels like he is. Part of my problem is that I overthink and over analyze the situation way too much and because of my assumptions I end up making us bicker more than we need to.

On Saturday, I locked my key inside of my car, which has been a horrible habit of mine as of late. I called Chu to bring me my spare key, but he had to get to work and suggested that my brother bring me the key. I instantly thought that he was upset at me and a whole bunch of things popped up in my head, but then I got this text from him...

"I know you left your keys in your car again and you're not perfect, I'm not mad or annoyed. :) ... I wish I could come give you the keys and be with you today, but hopefully you'll have the strength to work hard today! Be praying for you! Drive home safe and don't lock your keys in the car when you get home okay? Love you so mucho!!!"

I was so shook. I didn't know it, but it was exactly what I needed. In that moment I realized that I was assuming things again. When I read those words it completely changed how I thought and felt about the situation. I needed to hear that he wasn't mad or annoyed. It allowed me to calm down and think clearly about how I truly felt.

I'm beyond thankful for a man who understands my weaknesses and seeks to set things right. I thank God for these moments of growth in our marriage and as an individual.

No comments