Powered by Blogger.

One Year of a Blissful Marriage




Goodness, Chu and I have reached our 1 year of marriage! It's so true when people say that the time will fly by. It feels like forever, but I'm so glad we still have a lot of time ahead of us (God willing). Within the past year, everyday, good or bad, it has confirmed to me that I married the right person for me. I thank God that our marriage allowed us to get to know each other more intimately and deeply.

Things I've learned about my husband

1. He is slow to anger - When there's a misunderstanding he is not quick to blame or criticize me. He instead comforts and affirms me. I'm thankful that he seeks to get to the root of how I'm feeling and can even turn my frustration into a laughing moment.

2. He is a great helper - He is so willing to help when I ask him and even when I don't ask. He'll ask a lot of questions, but it just assures me that he wants to get it right and he wants to make sure I'm happy and satisfied.

3. He does everything with his whole heart - I've realized that I'll take the shortcuts or do things quickly to get it done, but he likes to do things with all of his focus. He does it with all of his heart and he still manages to find a way to get it done quickly!

4. He loves to be clean - He likes himself and the space around him to be clean. Although there are moments where I struggle with this quality, I do love this about him though. I'm not the cleanest person and I can live with a little bit (or a lot) of a mess in my room. He loves his bed to be clean too so he never let me put anything unnecessary on it, not even my purse. He's definitely helping me to have a better habit of cleanliness.

5. He is patient - He is patient in every way, but this is a particular situation that I was thankful for. Honestly, before marriage, I made it clear that I was very scared to have sex and our first night (and many nights after that) was definitely not easy. Let's just say that Chu was so patient with me when it came to this aspect of our marriage. It was hard and somewhat discouraging at times, but I thank Chu for his patients, tenderness, and words of affirmation that made sex easier. This is something in our marriage that I loved working on together because we were both so vulnerable and wanted to better understand each other's needs. Sex is an important part of marriage and his patients showed me that he valued me and wanted me to enjoy this act of love.

6. He has funny quirks - I hate to admit it, but learning all about Chu's funny quirks does make marriage enjoyable. Some of these quirks drove me crazy, but at the same time I love how it makes Chu, Chu. I don't want to call him out so I'll just list a couple . . .

     + He liked to place his socks at the left corner of the bed.
     + He'll repeat funny lines and noises when he's watching something.
     + His McDonald order is a McChicken and a McDouble, but he always has to eat the McChicken first.

7. He is the executor - In our marriage, I am the one who comes up with the ideas, but Chu is the one who executes them. He does all of the researching, planning, and driving!

8. He is very disciplined with money - One of my biggest struggles is being disciplined with my money. It took us a long time to figure out our budget and to get a steady income because our lives were so hectic with moving to GA and traveling. Since our income wasn't the steadiest, we had to save and he was definitely my rock when I had urges to go shopping.

Chu and I are alike in many ways, but in many MORE ways we're so different. We're different, but all for the better. Everyone always said that the person you marry will compliment you and it couldn't be more true in our case. Where I have flaws and struggles, he is strong and vise versa. The way we compliment each other helps with our teamwork, communication, expressions of love, and our marriage overall. We truly compliment each other in the areas where we need it.

After one year, not every moment of our marriage was happy or perfect, but every moment allowed us to grow and become more like Christ and that in itself is what made this a blissful marriage so far.

No comments