Powered by Blogger.

T W E N T Y - S I X


Y'all, another birthday in the books! I'd have to say that this past year has definitely stretched me. I relocated to a new state, was jobless for many months, and quarantined because of a pandemic, but those were the very events that cultivated spiritual, emotional, mental, and even physical growth, ha. 

+ I learned (still learning) how to make new friends again. I grew up in CO and spent 5 years in NY, so I was pretty comfortable with the relationships that I already had. GA is where Chu and I are going to be living for a while, if not forever, so I want to make meaningful relationships where I can confide in them and where there is accountability. This is still a work in progress, but I've been praying for courage to put myself out there and for transparency to feel comfortable being myself. I find that sometimes I can be overly polite and considerate to the point where the relationship doesn't go past that. Anybody else know what I mean? I guess I'm just trying to say that I really want to make real and down to earth friendships here.

+ On another note, I've learned that it's so important to keep cultivating the relationships you already have as well. I have some of the best friends ever! Friends who I can check in on and vise versa. Friends who are not phased by the many miles that separate us. Thank you, Jesus!

+ Being jobless helped me spend more time with God through prayer and bible study. It has challenged me and allowed me to mature in my understanding of God’s word. I saw that spending more time with God allowed me to consistently be in awe of who He is. This is an area of my life where I am still praying for more discipline though.

+ I found a job that allowed me to work with children, but it turned out to be a completely different ball game than what I was used to. I cared tremendously for my students and became attached to many of them, but I realized that early childhood education was not my gifting, which is okay.

+ With the pandemic, there were so many mixed feelings and thoughts, it's hard to know when or if this country will ever go back to normalcy (or what we consider normal), but I honestly don't mind. I find that it constantly brings me to my knees praying for our country, the leaders, and the people who don't know Jesus yet. It brings me back to the task that God has set out for me and my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I need to intentionally and consistently live a more Gospel centered life and preach about Jesus through any and every possible opportunity given to me. I've been praying that every encounter is made purposeful for the kingdom of God.

+ Y'all, I also grew so much as a nyab (daughter-in-law)! I struggled with so many personal insecurities, but God has given me so much peace about myself and this role I've stepped into. I found comfort and confidence in the fact that every little mistake was a moment of growth covered in grace and every deed seen or unseen was pleasing to God.


No comments