Powered by Blogger.

Day 2 - 10 Years From Now




Thinking about the far future is always hard for me because I'm always looking at my bank account and my current situation. The good news is that my God is far greater than both of those things and because of Him I can dream and have goals that are beyond my current situation. Those goals are to motivate me and allow me to put my full trust in God. Today, I'm daring myself to dream of what I want to happen in the next ten years. The best part is that I get to dream and achieve these things with Chu.

Ten years from now . . .

+ Chu and I will have our own home. We dream of a charming 4 bedroom white farmhouse with very little land. We're not really into yard work, but I'll have a tiny area for growing herbs. Our home will host game nights, bible studies, small groups, dinners, and traveling friends. It'll be our favorite place to be.

+ God willing and by His good grace, we'll be parents. We want to have at least 2 or 3 kids within that time frame. We already have names picked out so it's just a matter of His timing.

+ We'll both have stable careers. I'll either be an educator teaching in the classroom OR a stay-at-home wife/mom. I love and desire both ideas very much.

+  Chu and I will have traveled to some beautiful places together. Some top places in our heads are, Hawaii, Indonesia (Mostly for Bali), Thailand, South Korea, and Japan. We would love to visit, but we would also love to be there on mission trips as well. We want to have done at least one if not two mission trips together.

+ Within the next ten years, I will have turned my hobbies into a small business. I'll have my own stationary shop on etsy filled with stickers, cards, and personalized items. Yes, this is the dream, I just need to get my hands on the cricut first.

+ Totally want to be a Youtube vlogger by then as well. Vlogging is huge on my heart because I love documenting moments, but I have much to learn about editing and cameras before it can happen. Hopefully 10 years is more than enough time to jump on the Youtube train.

+ I debated about this, but we will be debt free! Right now we're on a 15 year plan (my loans alone), but today I'm daring myself to dream, so I'm dreaming that our debt will all be settled by then. If not, it'll happily go to my 20 year plan.

The part about putting my trust in the Lord is that even if these things don't happen accordingly to my plans everything will still unfold accordingly to His will, which is even better!

No comments