Powered by Blogger.

Camping

The one thing I always want to do every summer is to go camping and I got to do that this past weekend! There were so many memories that were made on this trip and I truly appreciate every single person who was on it. I was also able to learn a lot and experience a couple things for the first time.


image
This is the amazing group that I went camping with. The guys are so knowledgeable about the outdoors and if a zombie apocalypse or an alien invasion ever occurred then I know I would be safe in their hands. Our ladies are also really smart and tough as well. Overall, it was great getting to know everyone better and being able to see different sides of people.


image
These are the people that I got to ride with! Good music and good talks.


image
Setting up our tent. It was so funny because when Julie pulled out the directions, the papers were so old that it looked like a treasure map. That gave us a good laugh. Our tent was pretty old and the hardest one to set up, but we still got it up!


image
As I said, I experienced some things for the first time and one of those things was catching a fish! This was the first fish I ever caught and I’m super excited and proud of it. Before I caught this fish I lost a hook, two other fishes, and while trying to help me, Chu’s sandal started to flow downstream. Luckily, Eric was able to grab it! When I brought the fish over to Yengers and Chu, it fell off of the hook and I kept insisting that they put it back on the hook before I took a picture. They wouldn’t, so I ended up holding it and it kept squirming in my hands. I was holding the fish so tight because I didn’t want it to keep wiggling around (sorry fishy).


image
While on the trip, I also got to practice shooting guns. It wasn’t my first time, but I still learned a lot of new things. The shotgun was heavier than I remembered it to be, but it was still fun to shoot. I didn’t hit any of the clay disks, but it’s okay because they said that my follow through was getting better. We also got to try Hluby and Danny’s handguns and they were scarier and harder to shoot because they were smaller and lighter. It felt like the gun was going to fly out of my hands and afterwards you don’t even really see where you shot at. Shooting was definitely an experience, but they are dangerous and people really do need to be educated about them. I really appreciate the mini gun lesson that the guys gave us.


image
One of my favorite parts about the trip was when we stayed up playing mind games around the campfire. Most of the girls either knew the game or caught on pretty fast, but the guys had a little more trouble catching onto the games. It was definitely a hilarious and memorable moment. Whenever I see the guys, I’m tempted to ask, “I’m thinking of a color, what is it?”  

Something else that I experienced for the first time was using nature as a bathroom. I don’t have any pictures of that, but it was definitely a funny experience. It wasn’t too crazy, but I just remember laughing every time us girls went to the bathroom. The night trips were the most hilarious, Esther simply cracks me up.

On the way back we had some car issues because Danny’s breaks just completely died. We were stuck on the side of the road for a bit, but some of us ended up heading back first. In the end, everyone got home safely and the weekend camping trip came to an end.


image

I’ll end the post with this picture because it was something that we were all looking forward to on our way back. The story behind this sign of a flying deer is quite humorous.

No comments