Powered by Blogger.

A Special Calling


image
I have been so blessed to be the older sister of five sweet brothers and Trustin is one of them. From a young age I have noticed that he has such a thoughtful and generous heart and I have been able to continue to see him grow into a fine young boy. I am always amazed at his love for people and how mature he is for being so young.

During the summer I asked him, “If you were to go to jail, what would be the reason why?”
I don’t know what I expected the answer to be, but he answered and said, “It would be because I believed in Jesus. In other countries people aren’t allowed to believe in Jesus.”

Immediately, I thought that this kid could be speaking prophetic words into his own future. Today is a special day because it is Trustin’s 12th birthday, Happy Birthday, I love you!

Besides Trustin’s birthday, today also marks eight years since I have accepted Christ as my savior, I was 12 at the time as well. From the moment I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior I knew God had a special calling for me. On October 29, 2007, I told God that I would follow Him and would be willing to serve Him. Even as I think about this I can’t imagine how a 12 year old girl already knew so deeply in her heart that God was calling her.

During one of the chapels, the speaker had said that sometimes we hear God calling us, but it could take years before He uses us. It all depends on God’s timing, but within those years of waiting, God would be preparing our hearts. Up from when I was 12 to now, 21, I believe God has been preparing me and He still is. He continues to affirm His special calling in my life and I do not know where God wants me to be specifically, but I do know He is calling me to serve as a teacher.

In the last couple of years, as a college student, God has been confirming it in my life that teaching is how He will use me. Have you ever walked into a place and your face lights up with a smile and you know deep in your soul that is where you belong? I get that feeling every time I step into a school setting and work with children. I use to always wonder why I was not gifted in certain talents or why I did not have a heart for certain work fields, such as the medical field, but today I am so thankful God is calling me into ministry as a teacher! Some people may think that teachers just work with kids all day, but we, Christian teachers, are called into some serious ministry and I can’t wait to start!

image
From 12 to 21, I would have never guessed that I would be where I am today. There has been hurt and trials along this journey so far, but it’s crazy to imagine that God is not done with me because He is just getting started. Through it all, I have faith that God knows what He is doing in my life, even when I don’t know what it is yet. I am reminded of Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
God knew what He wanted for Jeremiah and I believe that to be true for me as well! It’s reassuring to know that God knew me even before I was born. In His great timing, He will continue to reveal His desires to me and I pray that when He does, I will follow in obedience as I said I would when I was 12 years old.


Whoever is reading this, I pray that you will understand that God has a special calling for you as well. Whenever and wherever God calls you, I pray that you will hear Him and also respond in obedience and trust. In whatever career path you choose to pursue I believe that God will always be able to use you.

No comments