Powered by Blogger.
Just wrapped up my last year celebrating Mother and Father’s day with just my parents. Next year, I’ll have two moms and two dads to celebrate. It’s a good thing and a huge blessing, but it’s just something new to get use to.

My parents are the kindest people I know. They are thoughtful, forgiving, hospitable, and hardworking. Despite growing up with very little and not getting to take full advantage of their education, they have always given my siblings and I security in our lives, physical security, emotional security, and spiritual security. They supported me through my education and have always pushed me to Christ. After working in the education field I started to understand my parents a little bit more, but of course I’ll never fully know until I become a parent myself. Being in charge of little souls can be so unfair sometimes. You love them so much and you want the best for them, but because they’re curious, they’re always pushing boundaries. They break the rules and get upset at you when you discipline them. You’re quick to forgive, but they go back and break your heart in the next moment. You celebrate the smallest success because you want them to feel accomplished. When they’re hurt you want to give them the best comfort you can. There were many days at work when I would think back to my parents. I can only imagine how my parents felt when I treated them with the same horrible treatment I got from some of my students. It was humbling and eye opening to see a bit of the kind of heart my parents and ultimately what God has for me. 

But seriously, a huge thanks to my parents for demonstrating God’s unconditional love to me through their words, actions, and continual guidance. It’s pretty bittersweet, but I praise God that my family is expanding and there are just more people to celebrate!

No comments