Powered by Blogger.

God's Will Above All Else

Where are you most grateful God didn’t give you what you wanted?
If God gave me everything I thought I wanted, I would definitely not trust in His grace and sovereignty in my life, but in my own abilities. Even if I desired and used all of my efforts to gain something, God could still withhold it from me for the good of His will in my life. Sometimes it’s hard to understand and it doesn’t seem like a good enough reason at the moment, but it actually means everything! Our hearts should always be desiring God’s will for our lives, verses our own will. I am reminded of Proverbs 14:12 “There is a way that seems right to a person, but its end is the way to death” and 16:9 “A person’s heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps.” Some of our desires may not be bad, even a good thing, but if there’s a chance of it leading to a path of death, the Lord will intervene. Sometimes it’s a painful intervention and other times it’s a beautiful one, but the Lord will always have your best interest at heart. I know, some days it’s hard to see and believe, but that’s okay. It’s okay to feel the pain, because afterwards when God’s greater will is revealed, it will be worth it. It’s so wonderful that He knows the deep desires of our hearts and He is orchestrating everything in His own timing to work out accordingly to His will. When it happens, it will be beautiful!
Growing up, I was interested in certain people, but nothing ever happened. I was in two relationships that ended with heartaches. The idea of marriage seemed so far away, but today, I am engaged to the sweetest man I know! The closed doors and heartaches were God’s way of saving me, preparing me, and molding me for the man I am now going to marry. I couldn’t be more thankful.
Currently, I am in a season of waiting for a full-time teaching position. I want to start teaching soon, but interviews seem to be failing and I’m not even sure if I will be able to get my teaching license soon. I have such a huge desire to be teaching and a better position would also help with my financial situation right now, but I want to trust that He has something special saved for me. This wonderful position may come soon or it may come after I get my license, but right now His grace and provision in my life is enough for me. This season of waiting has a purpose so I pray that I will be faithful to Him with all that I have while I wait. I know the prize will be worth it.

No comments